Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sustainable Shoes

Good morning!

After seeing a couple posts on Facebook about Eco-friendly shoes, I decided to do some more research on this topic of sustainability. While doing some research, I found an article on treehugger.com  titled: "9 brands that make ethical casual shoes and sneakers"

Now as someone who had never heard of Eco-friendly shoes, I was surprised to see that there was many more companies who specialized in sustainable footwear! I was even more surprised as to how nice they all looked! When i first came across the article, I thought it would be a bunch of websites, that had really ugly shoes, that not many people would actually want to wear. But, boy was I surprised to see all the fun styles and colours and materials that shoes could be made up of!

A shoe company that I thought was very interesting was the Indosole brand. They make shoes out of "natural materials like organic canvas, banana leaves, and grass... All materials are 100% vegan and handmade." (http://www.treehugger.com/slideshows/sustainable-fashion/9-brands-make-ethical-casual-shoes-and-sneakers/page/5/#slide-top)

Here are 2 pictures of Indosole Shoes

This is the Women's Kelapa Shoe:
Kelapa
https://indosole.com/collections/womens/products/kelapa-shoes?color=trails-emerald-black 
This is the Men's Prahu Boat Shoe:
Prahu
https://indosole.com/collections/mens/products/prahu-boat-shoes 
After looking at all these cool shoes, I may just have to buy a pair and see how comfortable they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment